Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sensory room/area

Hello all,

I'm in need of your help and ideas. The more the merrier. I've just purchased a black gazebo and its set up in a spare classroom. It has fairy lights and sensory resources, beanbags etc. I intend to use it for, story time, 1:1 activities, and various small group activities. It will be used by all the age groups (3 months - 5 years). My problem is what to call it. It's only been up a week, and I don't want 'the sensory tent' to stick. My mind is full and blank all at the same time! So I'm throwing out there to you.

Feel free to add your experiences in sensory areas too!

I look forward to all of your suggestions.

ooh sounds fab - we saw something similar at the local YMCA and want to do something too but means packing away everyday -maybe the name could be based on what you want the area to provide - if its provides light ,warmth how about -'The SNUG' :D or ask some of the older children to describe it and see what they refer to it as

Edited by lashes2508
  • Like 1

we asked the children when we made a construction area, i had visions of calling it something relating to building or construction but no, one little boy said 'its a birdhouse' so thats what it became and all the children call it the birdhouse, i added a few bird transfers and job done

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)