Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Complaints from a staff member about a staff member

Hello, I just wanted to clarify a query that has come to me via a member of staff who has asked me the following question.

If a complaint is received from a staff member about another staff member does this need to be recorded in the complaints log?

I am thinking the complaints log is to record complaints made, received from parents?

If the staff member makes a complaint about another member of staff then I would assume this would be approached differently. Perhaps being a performance management issue, conduct issue that is not linked to a child protection or safeguarding issue, then an initial meeting, supervision held between manager and staff member to address issues and try and resolve.

However, If the complaint made is relating to a child protection or safeguarding issue then this I consider would be relating to an allegation being made against a member of staff, so steps followed would be in relation to safeguarding policy/procedures as required in line with LSCB.

I have been mulling this over all day but have ended up confusing myself and beginning to question my knowledge which I thought was clear until I started to think about this more. Still in the Christmas break mode I think.

Any thoughts would be welcomed. Thank you.

If it's a performance issue then i would note in daily log book and deal with it in the most appropriate way. If it's safeguarding then it needs to be taken seriously and you need to follow your safeguarding whistle-blowing policy properly.

I would note but put it in the persons records rather than a daily log that everyone may have access to. To protect confidentiality

Edited by Suer