Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Hobbit

Rea

Brighton cineworld is on there does that mean it will look good????

It means it will look smoother. In 3D it supposedly reduces motion blur which is what causes a lot of eye strain. Apparantely, once you have watched 48fps everything else looks slow and juddery. I haven't seen it yet as I have tickets for after Christmas.

It means it will look smoother. In 3D it supposedly reduces motion blur which is what causes a lot of eye strain. Apparantely, once you have watched 48fps everything else looks slow and juddery. I haven't seen it yet as I have tickets for after Christmas.

Thanks for the explaination.

We are planning a post Christmas trip too :D

:o

Philistine!

Well thank you for being so supportive - after I'd been brave enough to admit I've never been able to understand the lure of a book you're obviously all obsessed with.

Don't think I'll bother now, just to spite you. :P

I could never 'get into' LOTR either.....................maybe Maz and I are simply on a different astral plane to the rest of you!! BUT, once I had seen the films, I tried again..........and they were much easier ( and yes, i did spot some differences/quibbles).........I shall be going to see the Hobbit at som epoint, I'm sure

Guest sn0wdr0p

I'm not a fan of LOTR despite my sons loving it.

I can't wait for Les Miserables though - the trailers look fantastic. I saw the musical at the Palace Theatre many years ago and was totally blown away. Sadly funds don't allow for visits to London so I only got the opportunity to see it one more time. My husband HATES musicals and is dreading taking me and I really hope that I can make him a fan too. Originally it had a release date of Christmas day but that has been put back a couple of weeks.

booked tickets for tonight 6:30 (christmas eve). I loved the book when read as a child by Mr Brookes in Standard 4. A family I spent time with had their house decorated with pictures by Tolkien in the 70's and it was the dragon that had me hooked but as he's at the end of the book he won't be in this film???

Oh! oven is pinging tell me the glaze on the gammon is ready after its slowed cooked bath of coke for the cold buffet when we get back :P

Hope the film doesn't let me down <_<

Well regardless of the critics we shall be spending an afternoon over the Christmas holidays to go and see it.

The Hobbit was my first introduction to Tolkien and I was in yr6 at primary school. We had this wonderful teacher called Mrs Baker and at the end of the day we always had carpet story time and she read it. I will never forget the wonderful voices she used and her Gollum was brilliant....weird and creepy and we all used to shrink back from her a bit when she was in Gollum mode.

Amazing what a good story teller can do with a good story.....it has stayed with me all this time and yr 6 was a very long time ago for me now xD

And me!!! I remember it well too especially the phrase "all Bilbo could think about was sitting at home in front of fire eating toast dripping with butter" - funny though - when I read the book for myself later on this phrase doesn't appear!!!!!! How to keep a group of year 6's engaged in a story..... repitition and joining in repeated phrased....

I just booked tickets for us to go and see The Hobbit at the IMAX. I'm trying to be excited! Although thinking about it, I haven't been to an IMAX before. So that's another first for my list of 50 things to do before I'm 50 sorted! :1b

We decided on a whim to have lunch out and see if we could get in for The Hobbit showing at 1:45pm. We got a quick lunch phew and just managed to get in 10 minutes before it started. And now for the fun bit, we had not 1 but 2 power surges and of course they were at the most interesting parts of the film. However in parts we (my family plus others nearby) kept going 'know that face, and that one oh and that one, oh know him' during the film.

Best bit is we got free tickets to see another film for free because of the 2 power surges that happened. But wont be seeing The Hobbit again, now to decide which film to watch.