Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

DM Statements: Mathematics

Where would you put a child (in terms of DM statements) who, when playing in C.I. play, is able to say the number of spots he can see on a die without any hesitation. Clearly he can relate the pattern of spots to the corresponding number. He is 49m and quite able in this aspect (mathematics: numbers). Any thoughts?

try having the child I've got! Not 3 until end of January.........can write and read, any number up to 1,000.........and can write the words for them. Can count anything you give him, quickly and accurately. Writes words ( if he picks up a blue pen, he writes 'blue'...............etc). Makes numbers and/or letters out of anything he picks up, so pipe cleaners, felt pens......you name it.If he has nothing else to use, he uses his fingers ( and can twist them into some amazing shapes to acheive what he wants!)..........so, help!

try having the child I've got! Not 3 until end of January.........can write and read, any number up to 1,000.........and can write the words for them. Can count anything you give him, quickly and accurately. Writes words ( if he picks up a blue pen, he writes 'blue'...............etc). Makes numbers and/or letters out of anything he picks up, so pipe cleaners, felt pens......you name it.If he has nothing else to use, he uses his fingers ( and can twist them into some amazing shapes to acheive what he wants!)..........so, help!

My goodness me that is amazing, will he be taking his GCSEs before he leaves your setting!!! Must be quite a challenge for you to have such an advanced child within the setting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)