Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

where in development matters do I note this

working with a child who is bright but extremely disorganised...struggling to find how best to record this in the learning journey. Child can manage self care, but has to be told again and again to do simple tasks like put on shoes, coat ets, and is always the last to start and complete any given task. I think dyspraxic but need to know how best to tie my obs into the development matters statements. Any help would be gratefully recieved as well as strategies to help.

Many thanks

So how do you help a child like this? Parent just laughs and says takes after them......my concerns really are about transition to school. I fear a child like this will find the structure and pace of school life quite overwhelming.

I wish I knew, we try and give a reminder ....in 5 minutes we,re going to, or staff are aware that if we need to get coats,shoes on that they send the child out first to collect theirs as when the last to collect is ready they still will be sat on the floor looking around, am thinking that visual prompts might keep the child focused on the task in hand even though has excellent language skills and understands what's being asked...just doesn't get on with it (and it isnt because they cant) it's very hard to get across to parents what your concerns are, as you say eyfs they make light of it, put it down to just being like so and so or daydreaming.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)