Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Provision Mapping

Hi, just been looking at some paperwork from our SEN advisor and she is suggesting we should be doing provision mapping in our setting to ensure we meet the needs of all children at three levels (wave 1,2 & 3).

I have no experience of this nor have i ever heard of this :wacko: . Can anyone offer me any guidance as to what i should be doing (sorry if i sound stupid :blink: !!)

I'm not a SENCO but my understanding is that wave 1, 2, 3 is the structure of a graduated response to children with SEN so wave 1 is good quality teacher with appropriate differentiation, wave 2 might include a specific intervention group to boost a group of children in a particular area and wave 3 would be specific, very tailored IEP for a child with SEN.

When our SENCO has talked about provision mapping it usually includes both a breakdown of what kind of support we've giving in these areas but also how TAs and other support staff are deployed to support children throughout the school.

However, I'm sure someone more knowledgable will come along and make it clearer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)