Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Profile Published

Not in reception but will be interesting to see how it fits with DM age bands.

Edit....crumbs it's got a lot of pages (glad I'm not printing it) doesn't it seem a bit daft that the words they've chosen to record where a child is all begin with E ? Not gonna be very clear if they're emerging, expected or exceeding ...maybe they couldn't come up with 3 diff words that mean the same.....could of asked us ;p

Edited by mouse63

I did have a problem with the zip files on Foundation Years website, but those on the DdE site were fine. The exemplification material is a little problematic for me. It shows groups of observations , photos etc within curriculum areas. We should keep learning journeys holistic and sequential, as a child's activity incorporates a rich wealth of learning and development across the full range of the curriculum and the exemplification promotes a different approach.

Edited by bettsdavies
  • Like 1

It's the analysis that matters rather than the storage system I think.

There are 2 types of exemplification available, learning journeys and collections of snapshots which combined match the expectations of each of the ELGs. There is no "correct" way to keep observations, many practitioners I work with keep them in subject areas for ease of evaluation. The exemplifications are not demonstrating a preferred way of recording, more giving you real life observations of children demonstratng the level of skills the ELG require, to match your own observations against

I have to say we should be grateful they exist at all - a few very determined and principled people argued strongly for them and won out in the end, but without their determination in the face of DfE/STA will to not "burden" practitioners with documentation, there would be nothing.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)