Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Resources for 2 year olds

An exciting but unexpected offer has been bought to our attention. It seems that there are grants available (in Cornwall anyway) to maximise provision for 2 year olds when the new funding options begin in April 2013!

We have the opportunity to buy some quality resources for our 2 year olds. I would love to hear about any resources that you have in your settings that are a 'must have'. I would particulalry appreciate advice on resources that improve outcomes for the children that use them and help to create an exciting and stimulating environment. We would also be very interested in option for children with SEN including any software and other IT items.

Our application form has to be in next week and we have to list, cost and justify every item we claim money for therefore we would appreciate any input.

Thank you in anticipation...

ooo lucky you!

Think Cait may mean this

very expensive but well worth their price - great for independence, saving your back and last for years!

edit cos I'm rubbish at links!

Edited by gingerbreadman

Whilst I hate to generalise I would say anything that promotes sensory/messy play - so good sand and water but also tuff spots with lots of things like soap flakes, bubba, corn flour etc. Good cleaning equipment too!

Def go 'open ended'/recycled/odd looking/versatile/cardboard box/tubes/sensory/natural not plastic and you shouldn't go too far wrong

think 'heuristic' and develop resources from what you see/how they respond