Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas activity inspiration!

Did the children want to open the presents Helen? I wrapped a few things up for the children to have a feel and a guess at what may be inside, we put them under the christmas tree which the children are allowed to decorate/undecorate and decorate again as many times as they wish. We found one little chap merrily unwrapping the presents!

Did you cut the 2d shapes out of card and wrap that up? and what items did you wrap for the 3d items (just call me nosey and a pain - I don't mind).

• Like 2

Don't think so Panders - my TA was leading it and didn't say anything about it. She did say that they loved it and a couple were saying "This is a great game" and several kept wanting another go - will leave presents and labels out tomorrow and see what happens!

For the presents I just use our 2D shapes - we have a tray with a selection in. I sat with each letter and went through it wrapping them one at a time. I had a tray for each group which meant a lot of wrapping but it was the easiest way of making sure I had all the right kind of shapes. The 3D shapes were blocks for the cubes and cylinders and an airflow ball. Lots of them were pretty small but that didn't matter.

My TA added an extra element - once they'd correctly labelled all the gifts she carefully put them back in the tray with the labels and got the children to describe them again as they handed them back to her.

Worked really well - will definitely be doing that one again!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)