Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

SEF Evidence File

Our EYA has advised us to create a file of evidence backing up all the positive things we wrote in our SEF. Has anyone else done this? What kind of things have you put in there?

That actually sounds like a good idea but where are we going to find the time?? If I was doing it I would put in loads of photos showing all the different areas of learning being achieved, copies of parent questionarres, action plans, and cohort trackers to show learning and development. There must be lots of other things and I am sure someone else will be along soon to add to the list.

• Like 1

I have one - it has copies of various reports and support documents from my early years team, a copy of our safeguarding COMPACT with RAG ratings, updates and newsletters that we give to parents - parent comments and results of questionnaires, a copy of our Quick sheet ( the sheet that lists all of the staff and the key things that Ofsted want to see like CRB numbers/dates/ first aid/food hygiene/ qualification levels etc) my action plans for Inclusion/ review of areas/ other changes etc. It is just a habit now - even my admin officer knows to download two copies of visit records etc and pop them in the file.

• Like 1

I did a similar thing and called it my Ofsted File - went through EYFS Statutory Framework and evidenced everything - putting in policies, questionnaires etc etc - Ofsted Inspector liked it as it saved her a lot of time searching for bits.

Yes, I was told that when we get our inspection they won't be rooting through files and so on. They would like it all there at their fingertips. Putting a lot of the above in already, some of the questions in the SEF were so vague and hard to answer that I have been trying to think of a clever way to show how we do it.. hmmm..

I have an 'operations' file which has a lot of this in, one of my tasks this term is to tidy and update the said file....as well as the sef.....as well as finish my supervisions.....and and and......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)