Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

just to share -

Hi All thought i would share with you something i learnt when i was a very small girl and stayed with me , have been using with playdough but helps with language, listening , rhyming ,and road safety etc

make a worm with playdough - all children can join in with rolling , creating their own worm

' Ooey Gooey was a worm '

Ooey Gooey learnt to squirm

Ooey gooey crossed the road - at this line squash the worm with hand or bang it flat on table

OOEY GOOEY !!!! - very expressive - with digust and face to match

'Why do you think that happened?, what did ooey gooey forget to do ? etc

reiterate stop, look , listen

The children have loved this and the little ones have picked up the ryhme from yesterday , we did it again as a ryhme at going home time using hands and did a clap for the effect of being squashed

Its fun , and engaging - stayed with me for 30 odd years !!!!

• Like 1

this is another but one my mum sang and still does -

ginger nut fell in a cup and poisoned all the fishes up , a fish came up and swallowed him/her up and that was the end of gingernut !

I think it was sang to her as she was a redhead when very young - she has lots of funny and lovely sayings - and she has remembered this and she is 83 and after having 10 kids that aint half bad !! -

My mum taught us:

Ooey Gooey was a worm

A mighty worm was he

He sat upon a railway track

The train he did not see

Ooey Gooey!

She also taught us

Peanut sat on the railway track

His heart was all a-flutter

'round the corner came the train

Toot! Toot! Peanut butter.

Love 'em

Honey

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)