Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Activity Sheets

Hi

We need some help please. We are still going round in circling with our planning. We are a sessional pre-school. Do any of you still complete Activity Sheets to evaluate any of your activities? e.g. the craft activity.We fill in an activity sheet and evaluate how it went and put an example of what the children made or a photo showing the children doing the activity with it. We are only having "loose" topics this year and are going with the children's interests so how do you evidence what has been covered?

If anyone is still using Activity Sheets and are willing to share theirs, they would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

I stopped using them in about 2004, I took over in 2003 and by then I thought we wasting our time. They didnt add anything to the planning because no-one ever read them, they just got filed away.

I did like the idea behind them but only if it led to improved planning next time. :D

• Like 1

I agree with Rea - and as my staff have generally been long standing we have memories permanently etched with activities that "went wrong" or went well and know how to modify without the need to refer to old activity planning.

I never had an Ofsted inspector request anything like this either and not had to prove the fact that we have covered anything to that kind of extent.

If you aren't referring to them, are they really doing what they are intended to do? If not, evaluate why, and find out if you still need to work in this way.

• Like 2

We have done one of our notice boards as Childrens interests and put crafts, photos, pics etc of all they have made, brought in or done on there. We update it throughout the term and then take a final end of term photo that can go in the planning. It shows parents and Mrs O in a glance what the children have been interested in and the children like adding to the board - just an idea for you :)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)