Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Asking Ofsted not to inspect on certain days!

zigzag

I am just about to ring OFSTED to notify them of a couple of training days we are having. I was wondering if I am able to ask them not to inspect on the 1 day of the each week that my deputy is not in the setting? Or would this make them more alert and likley to visit on that day?

I think telling them about training days is a good idea; inspectors are able to plan their inspections quite flexibly. However, I don't think they will take any notice of your request not to inspect on Mondays because your deputy isn't there. They will want to be reassured that the quality of your provision is not dependent on the deputy being present!

LOL. I was the Senior Practitioner in our setting. I was on a long weekend when they came last time and fortunately able to get back just as lunches finished (Daycare) so able to speak to the Inspector, but apart from praising my commitment, she seemed not to need me!! Which I think bears out Helen's comment.

Sue

I think i would be very worried about alerting them to days that i didn't want them there!!!!

For our last inspection i was on holiday! As the nursery owner i was devastated that they arrived when i wasn't available and didn't have the chance to have my say!!

However this really worked in our favour as the inspector was really impressed with how our operating procedures worked when i was absent, and we received the best possible outcome!!

• Like 1

Sorry won't make any difference! Settings should run 'as normal' regardless of who may be out on training! I speak from experience. They arrived to inspect when 2 senior staff were out on all day training. We came back not because we needed to for ratios or anything but because we wanted to be there and the inspector was very appreciative of our decision.