Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

World Diabetes awareness day - need ideas asap please?

Hi All,

We have a little boy with Type 1 diabetes at the setting and we've decided to do something to raise money for diabetes awareness but and I need some ideas of what to di, we've done lots of healthy eating and exercise sponsored things over the last year, I want to do something really fun that will encourage parents to get involved with their children while raising awareness at the same time.

I'm going to speak to Mum for ideas but wondered if anyone had done something before or if you have any ideas?

I've got LOADS of info to print out for parents and children but really want something different and fun to do to raise money :D

hi could you do an activity called food v exercise.

you could have pictures of foods and people have to guess how much exercise they would need to take if they ate it eg apparently one big mac means fifty minutes of exercise.

parents could make a guess costing 50p or £1 and the closest wins a very small prize

Hi Mrs Bat, I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm but have you checked with mum first. We had a little boy exactly the same but mum never wanted us to fundraise on behalf of her son, as she did not want him singled out as different from everyone else. That said we did hold an adults only ball with all proceeds to Diabetics in Adolescents, but his name was not mentioned at all.

Hi Mrs Bat, I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm but have you checked with mum first. We had a little boy exactly the same but mum never wanted us to fundraise on behalf of her son, as she did not want him singled out as different from everyone else. That said we did hold an adults only ball with all proceeds to Diabetics in Adolescents, but his name was not mentioned at all.

Hiya, yes Mum is totally on board and we've left the decision to her as to where we donate the money - local hospital that the little boy goes to or to a national charity etc :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)