Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Bryce-Clegg Books

Guest sn0wdr0p

Guest sn0wdr0p

Hooray,

Good news fellow ABC fans.

Alistair Bryce-Clegg has five new books published next month. I have already pre-ordered mine on Amazon.

I hope they will be as good as From Vacant to Engaged.

You can get them with a discount AND free delivery by ordering from Book Depository. Has anyone got the 50 fantastic things to do with sand and the water one? Are they worth purchasing?

Edited by apple

• 2 weeks later...

Oh thanks Sn0wdr0p, that is indeed exciting news. And thank you Apple the Snowman for directions to the Book Depository, hadn't been there before but will be a regular now as it was cheaper than Amazon (and with 6 new books to buy...)!

• 1 month later...
Guest sn0wdr0p

All the books are fantastic but a little warning about one of the activities in the 50 things to do with paint book.

The Paint Balloon.

I thought this would be fantastic for a new art activity. Fill the balloon with paint which we then blew up and put in a clear plastic box then burst it-looked great the out of school kids loved it. Then we put paper on the top and saw the super patterns on the paper. Third time - we filled the balloon with paint blew it up and were tranferring it to the box when when of the ten year old girls thought it would be funny to burst it before it went in the box and leaned forward with a cocktail stick and burst it. Oh dear me - the paint cover about 8 of us, it was in some children's mouths, over clothes, the ceiling (right up to the apex), into the kitchen -well everywhere really. Que one 9 year old ready to start crying until I laughed and then the whole hall of children laughed.

It was funny - it did cost me a new white blouse for one of the children - but never again.

• 2 years later...

Hello again, my second post of today.

I am considering my next book purchase as I promised myself I deserve an educational book each few months.

I am interested in getting the

Continuous Provision in the Early Years Alistair Bryce-Clegg. Would this be suitable for an EY pack away preschool.? I'm pretty good at transforming concepts and practices to work in our setting, but want to see what others think of the book first?
So far I have only read his article about continuous provision and it really clicked with my way of learning and teaching with the children.
Anyone let me know what you think?
Many thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)