Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nef Hours Carried Over

Was just curious as to whether it is just somerset who, as from Jan, are allowing parents to take any unused hours over into the next term? They will have all their hours as a yearly total and can split them as they wish between terms. It will work really well for some of my parents as my summer term is much longer than the other two and more extra hours have to be paid for at normal hourly rate whereas now any unused funded hours from the previous terms can be carried forward

We're Dorset but border Somerset and have children also attending a Somerset setting and they have been allowing parents to carry hours not claimed with them during term times for holidays as open all year for quite a while, has caused lots of confusion, bet yes ours is changing from current 15 hrs per week for x amount of weeks per term to new funding, we were also asked if we wanted to be able allow parents to use hours during hols, also received new info new funding formula and how it would affect us, have all counties changed or just ours ?

We've always allowed parents to use hours during holidays which were open for, but not carry excess hours forward. Can I ask mouse63, can we carry hours forward from this term or, as it starts in January, are we only to carry hours forward from spring term to the summer term. Better make a phonecall tmw

mouse63, do you not have parents not using all their entitlement this term, would have thought you were more likely to have excess hours if you are only open term time?

No, sorry my fault for not being clear. If a child accesses 12 hours a week with us for the 16 weeks we are open then they only use 192 hours of their 210 for the autumn term so in theory should be able to add the extra 18 to the 165 in the next term

Okay just had clarification, from the 1st January any hours left over from the spring entitlement can be carried over into the summer term, which is great news for my parents as most access 12 hours a week so that they don't accrue any extra hours at full price so will have 21 hours to carry forward into our long summer term

Had our local provider agreement today, our says 570 hrs over a max 15 hrs and min 38 weeks, says it can be stretched over the 38 weeks, which is ok if you open longer than 38 weeks but can see it causing a hassle for those of us who don't as a few not claiming 15hrs will want to extend into hols, and most use their 15hrs over term anyway and even when you get a term that goes over funded wks allowed so few would have any hours to use and rest won't want to pay so income would be much lower than costs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)