Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wow Achievement Display Boards

Hi, I'm new to the forum and would love some good suggestions for a display board for the nursery. I work with children aged 2 to 4 and occupy a classroom next door to the reception class. RC have a lovely display board called the WOW board, with criss-crossed ribbons for parents to tuck their contributions on. I need something similar but different! If my board is too similar, parents may be board by the time they join reception and will not contribute as much if at all.

So suggestions please????

Hi and welcome.

That sounds like quite a challenge!

Can you do anything around a star theme--"I am a superstar because" and put up lots of empty stars to be notated in some way? OR maybe you need to just concentrate on things that happen in nursery at the moment and develop it to feed into Reception's board by next year?

• Like 1

Hello and welcome!

Could you have a wow catcher! Use some netting and let the children decorate with glitter and feathers!

We use ours as a wish catcher so the children

Can have a voice in their nursery! If you google it you can see some examples!

• Like 1

Do you have these 'wow' displays in cloakrooms ? We currently have a wow box but find we get endless 'wow's (or not even very wow) for some children but never anything for others, put constant reminders about them on newsletter and all the benefits to children's self-esteem and language development etc when the wow is for them but to no avail.

Do you have these 'wow' displays in cloakrooms ? We currently have a wow box but find we get endless 'wow's (or not even very wow) for some children but never anything for others, put constant reminders about them on newsletter and all the benefits to children's self-esteem and language development etc when the wow is for them but to no avail.

We have used wows for a couple of years now - we have also found that some children don't get very many from home.........so to 'compensate' for this staff will sometimes write a wow :1b

• Like 1

We also had problem of not many returning in fact first term we did it only one child had any! Now we send a named wow slip out and this has been much better and most of children have one brought in . For those who haven't it's easy to add our own as most children do have these moments. Sometimes we write them for parents if they tell us when they bring/collect child.

korkycat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)