Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Progress From The Start

Hi

Does anyone else use the Leicestershire progress from the start documents?

Do you include children's individual learning trackers in their progress summaries?

and do you keep their learning tracker in their learning journey so parents can see it?

Our early years advisor told us not to do the two things above but after reading the new guidance I think we should be

in the past two years one advisor said take the trackers out....the next said keep them in.....the next said take them out and now they say keep them in....i don't think they know!! I'd say keep them seperate your not hiding the child's progress as the parents/carers get regular ob summaries informing of child's progress so i don't see why they should be in learning journey :huh:

Hi kic106, yes I have just spent aaaages downloading all the info for Progress from The Start! I intend to have an admin file seperate from the Learning Journey for each child containing Tracker, EAR, the Communication Monitor and guidance for the summaries for my staff to work from. They will also have a master copy of all 3 summaries so they can photocopy as necessary. Hoping that will organise us.....for awhile?? As i can see the tracker only gets attached to the two year check summary......as evidence of where you arecoming from when feeding back to parents I guess! And who said those imortal words 'less paperwork'??

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)