Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can I Manage Level 3 After Only Completing E100?

This morning I received my credit transfer award from the Open University towards a degree I started years ago elsewhere. It was unrelated to EY. I had thought that if I didn't achieve two full years' credit I would give it all up. They gave me NEARLY two years credit so now I'm in a pickle. TODAY is the last day to apply for study at last year's price so there's pressure.

I had thought I would complete an Open Degree studying mainly Environmental Studies subjects (my past life). Wondering.... Can I manage level 3 Early Years topics after only finishing E100? I suspect not, but the thought is worrying away at the back of my mind.

Can anyone suggest a course of study which wouldn't need all the earlier topics? Please? Will spend the rest of the morning investigating.

Happy end of hols,

Honey.

If you do E100 and link it to the Certificate in Early Years Practice (think the code is C37) you get a level 4 qualification and certificate (although certificate doesn't say level 4).

I did this last year on the way towards my foundation degree in early years.

Hope this helps

Thanks Sam, I've done those - just wondering if I can get away with only one Level 1, and one Level 2 topic before undertaking Level 3. I think I have enough prior Geography skills to cover the research component in Level 3.

I REALLY want a degree (any degree) more than a specific EY degree I think.

Wish me luck, I'm going in!!

Honey

• Like 1

Speak to an advisor at the OU they are pretty helpful. They will be able to tell you whether you need to do any courses at level 2 or wheether you can go straight on to level 3.

Good luck and let us know how you get on x

Honey, is Child Development E212? If so I'm doing it in Feb. Starting E210 in October and then doing E212 in Feb. That will then be my foundation degree finished :D

Hi Honey,

Yes I will be doing 2 courses together, but only from Feb to the end of May. I'm opening my own setting with a friend which will mean I will be able to do the activities for E210 a lot easier than when I was employed. I won't need my employers permission to write policies as I'm currently doing them that will be evidence for my Practice Evidence Folder (E210 is all about Professional Practice in the Early Years so need to gather evidence of my practice).

If you are on facebook there is a group for the child development course - I find a lot of support from some of the people on there, but not all.

Good luck in your studies x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)