Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sending A Digital Camera

Hi i wondered if any settings send home a digital camera for parents to take pictures to go in their child learning journal ? If you do what sort of paperwork do you get the parents to sign to ensure it comes back in one piece !!!! Thanks

I've done it with disposable cameras and I have a cheap ish digital that goes with Walkabout Walter when he goes home with a child. If it gets lost, it gets lost! Once we make a decision to send something home with a child we have to prepare ourselves for loss or damage.

Cheap ish digital is from fuji website, reconditioned and fabulous!

we used to ask parents if they had any 'old' but working cameras they would donate for this sort of thing.. many upgraded cameras and still had the one sitting in a cupboard somewhere... we ended up with 4 ..

or disposable ones are not that costly these days and usually include the processing in the price.. last one we had did ...

I hope it's something they would do anyway. You could perhaps do a laminated sheet of instructions with it and add something about keeping it dry and safe. Is it a particularly expensive one?

• 2 weeks later...

I used to send home an old digital camera, the memory card in it only took 24 ish pictures so i made a numbered list for the parent to fill in with the child about the picture they had taken. it did come in useful knowing what the blurry picture was when we were trying to focus on the laptop!

It went home in a drawstring bag with the laminated instructions and big writing in black pen on the outside of which playgroup it belonged to and the phone number, just in case it was lost on the way.

I have a new one now, but the old one was better as it was a bit heavier and didnt seem to get the 'shakes' when the children took pics.

its quite interesting letting them loose in the setting and telling them to take pics of their favourite bits. i didnt think the multi coloured drawing pins used on one of the display boards were so popular( i had just stuck them all together in a corner the ones i wasn't using)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)