Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

For Those Not On Holiday!

Hope we are all managing to work in all the hot weather, and not getting depressed listening to everyones holiday stories! Keep up the good work guys

We're going to Dorset to stay in a big house with three or four other friends and their families. About 17 of us altogether I think...

We usually try to get a big house as far as possible from other people. That way no-one can hear us scream! :o

We usually try to get a big house as far as possible from other people. That way no-one can here us scream!  :o

36182[/snapback]

Sounds like me and my friends...! xD

Have you looked at Landmark Trust properties? They range from 2 people to about 16/18 and are from the sublime to the ridiculous.... My group of friends have stayed in a blockhouse near St Davids, Pembrokeshire; a Lutyens designed house complete with skittle alley and croquet lawn in Surrey; the Gothic Temple in Stowe Landscape Gardens, Bucks; Morpeth Castle in Morpeth and are going to Woodspring Priory in Weston-super-Mare in October.

Check out their website - www.landmarktrust.org.uk - for some fab locations (you do have to buy the handbook to view all the properties, but there are some samples on the site)

There is no TV, stereo or microwave but you don't miss it as there are books and board games provided, usually an open fire for the hunter/gatherer men and curl-up-and-sleep sofas for the girls to sit and chat on.... what more could you want?

Will see if I can work out how to post some pictures, but still relatively new to this - where is the best place for them to go??? :(

That sounds very good RB. I do like St Davids as well, we've stayed there with a bunch of friends before.

And we do organize them at winter times sometimes. As a hunter gatherer man there's not much I like more than an open fire! :)

You can attach pictures either by creating your own gallery album (go to My Controls and find the gallery link down the menu), or you can just attach pictures to any post you like by scrolling down past the dialogue box where you enter your post text - you'll find 'File Attachments' underneath, and just click Browse to locate the file image on your computer.

Have a wonderful holiday!!

Have had some wonderful holidays this year but living a mile from the sea is a holiday every day!!

Just a quick question for all you guys and gals still at work.

Does your planning change or do you still plan toward ELG's. Is the day more relaxed? How is holiday times different from term times?

ooops sorry, I did say a quick question :D

I'm really interested as I am considering opening for more weeks per year but the thought of not having such a long break makes me feel very tired.

Are you inspected during holiday times and if you are full day care ( not holiday club) would Ofsted Inspectors expect you to be following the FS curriculum? ( even though funding is only for 33 wks) If not how can they judge/inspect your educational provision?

ooops sorry, this is turning into a full survey :D

Peggy

Just a quick question for all you guys and gals still at work.

Does your planning change or do you still plan toward ELG's. Is the day more relaxed? How is holiday times different from term times?

ooops sorry, I did say a quick question  :D

I'm really interested as I am considering opening for more weeks per year but the thought of not having such a long break makes me feel very tired.

Are you inspected during holiday times and if you are full day care ( not holiday club) would Ofsted Inspectors expect you to be following the FS curriculum? ( even though funding is only for 33 wks) If not how can they judge/inspect your educational provision?

ooops sorry, this is turning into a full survey  :D

Peggy

36225[/snapback]

I have opened during the Easter/ Summer holidays to meet demand. I do not include these dates when Ofsted are imminent because the sessions are run differently during holidays.It is so relaxed and reminds me of how we used to operate. No planning just an area to cover each learning goal. This year I am open for 2 sessions a week from 9-12 with most children staying to lunch. I also use this opportunity to settle some new children. This year I will be open for 4 weeks .

Hi Yes we are open 52 weeks and year and follow the same ealy learning goals and planning durning this time. We do tend to get visited by ofstead durning the school holidays as i suppose it gives them time to do other settings instead of school. Our last ofstead was 4 days before christmas and they of course still expect to see the same levels of literacy etc as any other time!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)