Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Restraining/ Physical Intervention

Been looking through the new eyfs statutory framework and saw about recording any restraining that has occured if the child was a danger to themselves or others or property.. i have said to my manager before i feel we should record this as it covers us.

Has anyone have any documents they could share?? to give me an idea :)

it would go in our behaviour book (we simply have duplicate books that we write in, they are numbered ) we would record who when what why and get parents to sign once we have discussed it with them...restraint would only be used if they were going to be a danger to themselves to others or to the property. ...oh it's witnessed by another member of staff too

No one is allowed to restrain a child until they have taken part in the TEAM TEACH course in our school and nursery.

This is the training our authority like, and it involves positive behaviour management where possible but if restraint/ handling is necessary everyone knows the same "holds"

If a child does have to be restrained there is set paperwork to fill out following the event

• Like 1

No one is allowed to restrain a child until they have taken part in the TEAM TEACH course in our school and nursery.

This is the training our authority like, and it involves positive behaviour management where possible but if restraint/ handling is necessary everyone knows the same "holds"

If a child does have to be restrained there is set paperwork to fill out following the event

but if you stop a child from running across the road this would be classed as restraint...if you weren't trained what would you do!(just a thought!)

Ah of course you are right there finsleysmaid but there will always be exceptions to the rule and obviously in an emergency your duty is to keep safe either the child or the others who may be in danger.

In cases where behaviour has been the need for restraint, having done team teach there is back up for whoever has had to restrain in the event of the child or parent complaining. The paperwork has to be done immediately to make sure all the info is correct.

In my case the team teach hasn't been used in nursery but we all did the training so we could support colleagues in school or iso the after school club staff had the knowledge to use too!

interstingly my daughter has has team teach training because she works for the sen holiday club for the council but as a pre-school we are not offered this training and yet possibly have more incidents to deal with......but as with anything nowadays i think it's a case of recording what you have done and agreeing with parents ;)

Hi Im a child minder and look after a 2yr old who hits my daughter (and sometimes others) 40+ times a day. This does not include the incidents of kicking, pinching and biting.

There are obviously numerous time where I have to intervene to protect the other children. How would you record this as to record each incident would be impossible?

I have spoken to the childs parents and told them that they need to contact their HV to make sure that there is no underlying cause.

Also, does anyone where we stand legally with terminating a contract of a child like this? If it comes to the point where he has to go, I dont want any come back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)