Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Fs Resource - 6 Dvds

In view of recent posts re: SEAL document, I was wondering if anyone can help me. In the last two or three months someone on this forum (I'm sure it was here xD ) made some reference to a new publication from QCA or primary strategy for FS teachers. It was a set of 6 DVDs and sounded really useful. It was supposed to have been sent into schools - about May or June I think, but our head had no knowledge of it - so I thought I'd order it myself. Problem is I can't remember what it was called, or even what the content was. Have followed the link from catma to the Primary Strategy but can't see anything on there. Have also tried the DFES site, but again nothing. Have trawled through this website but can't find any mention.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, or am I going mad :o

Pleeeeeeeeeease help if you can.

Harricroft

Hi Harricroft -

No you're not going mad! :)

It's from the Primary National Strategy, and called the Foundation Stage Toolkit, reference number is DfES 1198-2005-GCDI. It should be available if you call the DfES at: 0845 60 222 60.

:)

There is also another DVD (came out in July) called "Seeing steps in children's learning" that shows children in different types of settings. It has accompanying notes but they have to be downloaded from the DfES site as they are unavailable in published form.

FS toolkit is a collection of the paper based stuff we have been sent but on DVD, e.g. FS curriculum guidance/profile etc, the recent profile dvd's etc etc. Some useful video clips for training etc. There's nothing new on there you are missing out on, but it does have some stuff that has been deleted in paper form.

CX

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)