Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Prams?

Are there any Childminders on here who are using the "Prams" system? I think it looks interesting but not sure if its suitable for smaller settings , any feedback gratefully received. :1b

Hi,

Are schools downloading this to use from September 2012? I have watched the help video and it looks really good, but it's in the 6 areas of learning. I'm getting a bit confused as this has changed now hasn't it?

Hello again!

I have just tried to download PRAMS and I think it worked but when I click on 'launch' a box appears saying 'IO exception, connection failed' - is there anything I can do to download it properly?

Thanks,

You are probably connected to the internet using a proxy server, which you need to tell PRAMS about so it can get through it. You need to find out your proxy's IP address and port from whoever is responsible for managing your network. Also you need to find out if it uses authentication and, if it does, the username and password for it. Then you can enter these details into PRAMS by clicking "Options" and ticking "Connect through a proxy server".

Hi, I'm still really struglling to get the PRAMS program working. I've entered the host and port, and I'be put in a username and password, but it's now asking for the password for the launcher options - I've been advised that this is probably a password for the program, where can I find that?

Thanks

Since you're using a proxy server that requires a username and password, PRAMS keeps these details in an encrypted file that needs a password to open it. When you first set up the proxy server authentication options you were asked to enter a password to use for this. Subsequently, when you run PRAMS, you need to enter this password so that PRAMS can open the file and authenticate with the proxy server. If you haven't entered a password yet, just choose one and remember it. If you've entered a password, just enter that again when you run PRAMS. If you don't know what password you entered you'll need to delete the PRAMS configuration files and set up the options again, here's how to do that:

Hold down the Windows key (between Ctrl and Alt) and press R, a small box should appear that says "Run" in its title bar. Enter this text, without quotes, into the box: "%APPDATA%" . Click "OK" and a Windows Explorer window should open. In here you should find a folder called "PRAMS" . In this folder delete the files "options.bin" and proxyAuthenticationOptions.bin" . When you start PRAMS again you can enter your options again with a new password.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)