Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted And New Eyfs

Madmum

Hi!

I have seen various links across the forum to Ofsted inspections and the new EYFS but can't find anything related to Ofsted and the new EYFS in maintained settings. I assumed that the new EYFS would impact on school inspections too, especially with the Safeguarding updates.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?!

Cheers!!

This is a link to the inspection handbook which will apply from September 2012. I've only skimmed it as yet but my understanding is that EY comes under the school as a whole. I'm fairly certain that with the current/previous? inspection framework there was supplementary guidance relating to EY but haven't found it as yet!

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/school-inspection-handbook-september-2012

They haven't republished the additional guidance yet - it was withdrawn in November. however it is now an inspection of the key areas across all key stages in the school in the same way, not with a separate inspection.

I know it changed to a whole school inspection wihtout a separate EYFS Grading from January, but assumed they would've updated the EYFS guidance for the changes from September. Our inspection is overdue as a school, so it's expected they will come sooner than later so i thought it would help to be on the ball with reading the guidance! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)