Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ourselves/all About Me Planning

Hello everybody

I'll be beginning my second year of teaching in september in a reception class and the topic will be based around 'ourselves and 'all about me' - common themes at this time of year. Was just wondering if you can help me with some fresh ideas or if any of you could share your planning based on there themes.

Thank you very much in advance.

Emma x :D x

That's incredibly useful Steve - thanks! I haven't seen it before but will most certainly have a look at the other topics too.

Would still appreciate any extra ideas or example of planning for ourselves/all about me.

Thanks! :)

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I'm very new to this (as I am the foundation stage - as of Sep 08!!) and have been snooping for a clue mainly! People seem to like the Norfolk materials but everytime I click it rudely tells me 'this page cannot be displayed'!! :o Is this an old link does anyone know?? Sorry to be a pain!

:o Hello Emma,

We did this theme at our Pre-School this term.

Each week we covered a different area and have made into a scrap book for each child

Hands & feet prints

Looking at themselves in a mirror and collage their face

Eyes- roleplay area OPticians(we got loads of glasses from local opticians and posters and sparkle box have a great printable pack for this to. We also cut out eyes(some cut themselves and they painted these the colour of theirs.

Family trees(this was really good for parental involvement) we drafted a family tree and photo copied for each child and sent home with a note asking the parents to complete and return (every one did!!!!)

Favourite Clothes - used old catalogues and got the children to cut aut and stick clothes they liked onto a precut sugar paper body.

Teeth - We made collage toothbrushes and had the local Primary care trust come into preschool and discuss teeth cleaning (great activites and the children all got a tothbrush and teeth cleaning chart)

Growing - We asked for a photo of them as a baby and one of now and stuck them on one page to show "How I've grown".

Role play area as a baby clinic that week.

Height. We measured every child at pre-schol and made a wall chart showing the difference in height.

I hope that some of these ideas are of some use!!!!!

Hello,

I'm very new to this (as I am the foundation stage - as of Sep 08!!) and have been snooping for a clue mainly! People seem to like the Norfolk materials but everytime I click it rudely tells me 'this page cannot be displayed'!! :( Is this an old link does anyone know?? Sorry to be a pain!

Don't worry you are not alone I'm getting a message too Internet explorer cannot find the webpage. Maybe someone will come along wih another link soon.

Marion, where are you? :oxD

Peggy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am looking for the Norfolk web site. Its great and I had it on my Favourites list. My computer has eaten my favourites. iknow the new web addressis on the Forum site somewhere will post it here if i find it.

Tizer

• 4 weeks later...
Don't worry you are not alone I'm getting a message too Internet explorer cannot find the webpage. Maybe someone will come along wih another link soon.

Marion, where are you? :oxD

Peggy

hi have tried to upload that planning of ourselves ypu wanted hope it works nic

Please be aware that the Norfolk planning was originally developed by a friend of mine for my previous LA here in S london. (How it ended up on the norfolk website I am not sure) and is now very very old.It was developed when the CGFS was introduced and our thinking about planning has moved on considerably since then. The original author would not recommend to her settings that they used it without very heavy updating and editing. I recently had someone in one of my settings using it and they hadn't changed it at all and were rather upset when I questioned planned visits by people I know don't exist anymore but they didn't know I knew!!

Cx

The opening posts from this thread were made in 2005 which fits in with what you are saying catma.

This is of course probably the most popular theme for the new starters and there is some topic support for this in the resources section under Topics.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)