Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Emergency Evacuation Policy

blondie

I've just looked for ours and discovered we havent got one!

Our fire notice gives procedure and rules but we dont have a proper policy from what I can see. There's a job for me!

I suppose to cover all bases, I'm rather cynical these days and tend to draw up new policies for the heck of it incase someone asks.

Also some people might not realise we'd evacuate for gas leaks, or anything going majorly wrong inside.

Ours is the fire drill I don't see that it requires two polices just name the fire drill policy/ evacuation proceedure. Don't make too many polices the whole point of the new eyfs was to reduce paperwork

hi

i am looking for an emergency evacuation policy - can anyone help please ? x

I suppose you would need to look at staff duties eg who phones the emergency services, first aid etc etc! Emergency contact details. Additional numbers you might need for dangerous substances etc! Safe points around your setting for different emergencies! Pre- discussed meeting points with parents if the children need to go home! Oh and perhaps somewhere to

go off site eg town hall depending on the scale of the emergency!

Am sure you have many of these things in place anyway so this maybe is no help!

Our LEA on recent training said a comprehensive Fire Drill would also cover emergency evacuation- same stuff needed just which service you would need to call would change Just change some headings in procedures.. We actually had to do this a few years ago when very hot water came pouring through one of the ceilings! Just did fire drill and called parents to collect. At least we were able to get all belongings out!

korkycat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)