Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help - Updated Eyfs Training.....?

Hi, I know this is the right place to ask and I hope someone can help...

I'm having aweful troubles finding some training for the new EYFS, I have been reading online to update my knowledge but have been un-successfull in getting onto any training. I've even heard that there are only briefings going on at the moment and the proper training isn't until September...

I applied to go on one briefing but the course was full and now I can't find an alternative. Im in Cornwall and am willing to travel a bit as I feel it is really important to be ready for the new term in September.

If anyone can help with any information, please, please can you message me.

Many Thanks

Tracey

are you able to contact your local authority to see what they have to offer - we have just received the new training bulletin for the autumn term, and we have some 'best practice ' meetings arranged to disscuss they new EYFS.My La has also laid on extra briefingn sessions for those who didnt make it to the last ones.

Hi, I am in Cornwall and managed to get on the training, which was a waste of time. We were informed as soon as we got there that it was not training just a briefing. To be honest I have learnt more from this forum about it and getting ideas. We are also members of the PLA and I did their online FREE training course and it was really good and much more helpful than the LA one.

• Like 1

I would have to say just print the statutory framework, and go through it line by line." Must" means "must, ie it is required that", "should" means "it is recommended that". The statutory framework is actuall quite short (30 pages) so it's not that big a task. If you can hand on heart say that you are doing the musts, you wont go far wrong. The other documents in the pack are supplementary to the statutory framework. I agree that the PSLA online course is insightful and helpful.

Edited by eyfs1966

Guest sn0wdr0p

On top of the in house training I have given my staff I have asked them all to do the PSLA EYFS online training. The questions at the end of each section will (hopefully) ensure they have taken the information in.

My staff also do the food hygiene online through them (not free) and are encouraged to try to do all the free online training. I don't mind paying my annual fee so much now since the free training came online.

Visit the Early Education website. They helped to produce the new development matters.

We had training from Nancy Stewart but the training is virtually duplicated in their publication 'Understanding the revised EYFS' (£15) available form their website.

Hi all,

Thanks for some great information! I am going to look on the PLA website this afternoon as we are members, I may also encourage my staff to do the same over the holidays.

It seems that I will just have to wait until the Autumn term training directory gets to me before attending any further training....Until then I will keep on with my online research.

Thanks everyone!

:)

Tracey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)