Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Seal Publication

Our school's learning mentor told me at the end of term about new publication from the DfES called 'Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning'.

They seem very good and I was wondering whether anyone has had experience of using the materials? (They mention on the website that there was a pilot carried out last year)

There is a whole section for Foundation Stage which links to both to 'Birth to three matters' and CGFS - and are split into themes that the whole school / setting covers.

You can either download them from

DfES

But I think if you order the publication there are posters and a CD Rom.

I must admit for a free publication it very good - and it looks like LEA's may also be providing support in using these materials. Have a look and see what you think! :D:D:D

Thanks for that ladybug,

I've sent an email and hopefully can order just the foundation stage materials, I've downloaded some fantastic photo's showing a range of emotions from the links.

Thanks again.

Peggy

SEAL(Social emotional aspects of learning) is the new name for I think SEBS, (Can't remember what that one was). Anyway, don't think the pack comes just in split age groups so you'll get the lot. It forms a series of themes that spiral up through the phases to develop PSE. They start with an introductory "assembly" for the theme and then are developed through the activity cards in age related activities. A lot of the activities are very circle time like and at a first glance don't seem too out of this world. It is packaged as a whole school, ie FS -Y6 programme.

Edited by catma

Guest Really

We are starting SEAL in September and I really want to make a display in the classroom about feelings. Any ideas how and what I could do? Thanks.

Thanks a lot for this - have been on and there are some really good photos to download - think I will be busy buying more printer cartridges and laminating pouches. Have tried ordering over the phone but systems down so hopefully they will get back to me - I might just place an order over the internet now.

What makes me really cross and what is so wonderful about this site is that there is some really, really useful stuff around and yet unless you spend every spare hour trawling around often miss things like this. I find the DFES site quite difficult to negotiate around and I often come across stuff quite by chance of interest - is it just me being dozy or does anyone else have this problem. The DFES is clearly a massive site but doesn't always seem to take you where you want to go.

But thanks for this - more stuff to look at over the hols

Nikki

me too. tried internet no joy. phoned up they said it is not available and they are not taking orders to try again in a month or do- they said best to download :o

Nikki - I agree that there's loads of good stuff from DFES and I have only found out about it through the lovely people on here :D:D

Do wonder what I might have missed sometimes - and the idea that copies of things have been sent into school is sometimes a joke as everyone denies any knowledge :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)