Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Another Go At The Individual Learning Plan :)

ooh I quite like that icklehels, i like the links to the different areas of the EYFS at the top. i understand what would go in the planned activities and the learning outcome boxes but how would the info in the opportunities box differ from the other two?

It looks very lovely :D Maybe you could you take out "to be achieved" after the "learning outcome"? It might sound a bit too strictly prescriptive possibly? Just my opinion though!

My other thought is who is this for? Is it for every child, or children with specific needs? If it's for every child, I'm thinking why do you think you need this? What else do you have for each child...eg learning journey, reference to dev matters statements, etc. and is this additional work really necessary? I'm all for reducing paperwork, as you can tell ;)

• Like 1

I rather like this, visually it's attractive, and simple. I too wonder how the opportunities box would differ from the planned activities box. I've attached my ILP in case it's of any interest...it's rather plain by comparison...I think I might like to pinch some of your ideas to marry in with mine.

Like you we have an ILP for every child because we feel that every child is special, and this seems to be a good way of clearly demonstrating how each child's learning is personalized. We don't repeat anything in the LJ other than the date of an observation if they are linked.

ooh I quite like that icklehels, i like the links to the different areas of the EYFS at the top. i understand what would go in the planned activities and the learning outcome boxes but how would the info in the opportunities box differ from the other two?

I really like it too - but wanted to ask the same question.......

• 4 months later...

Any thoughts are welcome - I'm playing around with the format of our ILP - this one is a simple idea :)ilp new idea.pdf

I have been searching everywhere for a simplified ILP format as our previous one has been far too indepth, we have been told to reduce paperwork after all. really liked your idea icklehels, hope you dont mind but i've pinched the basic format then adjusted slightly. once i work out how to attach it i'll upload it for you to see. any opinions would be grately appreciated :1b

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)