Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

View New Content Error Message

kristina

Ok I have always been able to use the new content button top right to bring up recent topics. Last couple of days when I click on this I receive an Oops how embarassing error message and nothing comes up!

Anyone else or is it just me?

Kris

oh - that's very odd. Um - what error page does it return Kristina?

If you look at this link which shows a similar page, it should tell you which page it cannot find underneath the 'embarrassing' line (in my example it's '/aboutus/whoarewe22.php').

Ok - someone emailed me the other day saying they were getting the same page diversion. It's not telling you it can't find the view new content page, it's telling you your system (browser or security) doesn't want you to visit the page. Which is very odd. I'll have to see if I can find out what's going on if it's happening to a few people.

In the meantime, do you have another browser you can try to access that page from? It would be interesting to know if that overcomes the problem. Would it be Internet Explorer you're using?

You'd need to have downloaded one Kris. Sounds like you probably haven't! :1b

If you did want to download one, there are two other popular free browsers you could try: Firefox and Chrome. It can be useful to have a second browser installed anyway, in case you're getting odd responses from a website and want to find out if the browser is responsible.If you do install one, just remember to say 'no' when you're asked if you want it to be your default browser - otherwise you'll find IE doesn't load when you click a link from outside your browser.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)