Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Water Butts

Thank you Laura (and your hubby) for the link. I'm wondering now if our water butt is actually OK as it isn't very big :D I'll check on Monday for the BS number.

I'm thinking if we put some hose on the tap so they can put it into the watering can they are filling there will be less spray. I'm all about minimising risk rather than removing benefits...

• Like 1

ok i emailed our eho about this and this was the response ....thought it might help someone to post it here.

Thank you for your enquiry about installing waterbutts and a small water feature at the nursery.

I attach a link to guidance regarding controlling the risks associated with Legionella.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/priced/l8.pdf

The water butts present no risk as these do not create an aerosol.

The water feature may present a risk depending on the temperature of the water and whether it is suitably managed to reduce the likelihood of growth of the bacteria e.g. regular disinfection ,removal of scale from spray head and sides etc,

For the purposes of complying with Health & Safety regulations you would need to carry out a risk assessment for the control of Legionella.

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)