Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nutbrown Review And Parents Guide To The Eyfs

I have had a brief look at both of these publications that were unveiled today.

Is anyone able to shed any light on why the Nutbrown review states "including those childmeinders who work with the EYFS franework" on p 6 of the Executive Summary.

The Parents Guide to the EYFS states

"Nurseries, pre-schools, reception classes and childminders registered to deliver the EYFS must follow a legal document called the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework"

Am I missing something?

Edited by Guest

Page 33 of the Nutbrown review differentiates between those providing wrap around care and those working within the EYFS, so I would assume that this is the same for the Parents guide.

What do people think of having to be qualified to level 3 by 2022?

Edited by Jubbles

I am registered on the Early Years register but only do wrap around care so would still be classed as working with the EYFS. This is a bit misleading. I wonder how many childminders are just registered on the Childcare register considering how much it costs?

I had the epiphany later last night - of course not everyone works with young children and the revised EYFS will mean that wrap around care is not so regulated! I must stop reading important reviews whilst watching tv late at night!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)