Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tornadoes

mundia

Birminghma has been quite badly hit by tornadoes..scary stuff.

Whilst I was fed up and miserable at the torrential rain most of which was either in my office, my kitchen or my garage, there were major roof lifting events happening nearby!

SO glad I decided to stay home today

I have just seen the news too-it looked really bad. We have had an awful day weather wise here-it has poured down virtually all the time and it has been very windy. It feels more like November than July.

Linda

yes we are all present and correct thanks hali, everyone I know who could have been affected accounted for. My family were in the shop worst hit about an hour beforehand...spooky or what?

I never thought Id see the day when I was thankfull for ONLY having water pouring in in 3 places.

We have finished mopping up and there isnt too much dmagage I dont think. My neighbour told me that the main raod was knee deep in water so I think we have been very very lucky.

We hardly expect tornadoes in this country in July, do we?

And here am I thinking about how to keep the children in our playscheme from getting sunburned next week. Chance would be a fine thing...

I hope you haven't been too badly affected by the adverse weather.

Maz

We've just got back from a week in Wales and seen the newspapers. We're about 2-3 miles from Kings Heath and I fully expected the garden fence to have been blown down, but there's not a blade of grass out of place. The devistation in parts of the city is awful, sure hope those folks have insurance. :o