Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childminder Qualifications

We are interviewing at present for a Pre-School assistant, met a lovely candidate today but not sure she is level 2! I haven't any experience with regards childminder qualification, apparently candidate registered in 2009 with Ofsted, was provided with a list of qualifications that she needed to achieve such as safeguarding, first aid etc. When she then had her 1st inspection (has shown me a copy of inspection) Ofsted have her as level 2 beacuse she completed the courses she was asked to!! Is this correct? Would this account for anything in Pre-School or is there a completely different guideline for childminders? Any advice greatly received as she really is lovely!!

Kris

Hi Kris,

I used to be a childminder and I completed the Cache Level 3 Diploma in Home-based Childcare. There was a slightly different qualification for childminders previous to this which involved 3 modules; the ICP- Introducing Childminding Practice, the CCP- Continuing Childminding Practice, and the ECP- Extending Childminding Practice. From what I understand if you completed all 3 it was the equivilent of a CACHE level 3, so am assuming that she did the ICP and CCP?

You should contact your local authority to double check that they are happy for her to be considered a Level 2.

Hope this is helpful

Good luck.

Hi Kris,

I used to be a childminder and I completed the Cache Level 3 Diploma in Home-based Childcare. There was a slightly different qualification for childminders previous to this which involved 3 modules; the ICP- Introducing Childminding Practice, the CCP- Continuing Childminding Practice, and the ECP- Extending Childminding Practice. From what I understand if you completed all 3 it was the equivilent of a CACHE level 3, so am assuming that she did the ICP and CCP?

You should contact your local authority to double check that they are happy for her to be considered a Level 2.

Hope this is helpful

Good luck.

Thank-you for that... it seems our lady may have done part of the qual- but not the full. I shall check whether that counts as L2 - she was the most outstanding applicant to the job and would really fit in well with the team, so fingers crossed. xx