Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reviewing Our Planning

Our continues provision planning sheet consists of all the areas e.g. mark making, construction etc and then split into the days of the week. but throughout the session the children have access to all the different equipment through the use of trolleys with the different area of toys in. so I don’t understand why we are spending a lot of time in our planning session writing down what toys/equipment to put out in what area, as the children come in and get whatever toys out they want to play with anyway. I was wondering if we could change the continus provision to a list of what toys we have and what area of development they provide to the children and then update it when we get new or throw away equipment? Therefore leaving us more time in the planning time to record what we would like the children to get out of the week and any specific activities to the children? Any ideas much appreciated! Thanks

That's what we have. I have planning for, say, sand area and have on there all the things it could/should cover and what staff can do to enhance it. Then that's it, I don't really need to revisit that again - why reinvent the wheel?

Naturally, if something else is happening with it - if it's being used for a specific purpose, then it goes into the main planning

• Like 2

we do similar to Cait - an A4 doc showing all AL activities (circle time, snack time etc) all outdoor and indoor continuous provision and which basic areas of learning they cover. we have a copy of this on our planning board all the time

We add it to our main weekly planning sheet only if we add something different to it , or if we 'theme' it

thanks for the example! so if you had one of those in each area, what would your weekly planning consist of? we have a planning sheet with what toys we are going to put out in each area and a group time planning sheet which would be the adult led - both would have links to child interest and next steps

hopefully i have just attatched ours - its very basic, and just covers the basic area's of learning, but we note on our main planning sheet if we add anything to the continous provision, or if we need to extend it for specific children etc.

i created it because we had all noticed that we were trying to plan for every DM - and realised that we cover alot of them during free flow, snack, circle time, etc etc.

our EY adviser seemed happpy with it -and atm it seems to be working, but its a working document and subject to change (like most of the planning !!)

Daily adult led activities.docx

I am new to the forum, thank you for sharing - we use a similar system mouse 63 and use a full plan highlighting LI's for 6 areas and activities to support them and a adult led plan too it is too complicated. need to simlify

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)