Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observation And Assessment Handbook For Parents

Following advice from our EY Consultant at a recent training event I am planning to produce a handbook for Parents and Carers to explain to them the reason why we observe and assess their children, and just wondered if anyone else had one in place that I could browse through for ideas on where to start. I will share my finished document for others to use once I (hopefully) manage to produce it! Thanks in advance for any help. :rolleyes:

We have an EYFS policy, which outlines this, this will need to adapted inline with the New EYFS now which i will do in the holidays, this is then shared with parents when they start at the setting

We have an EYFS policy, which outlines this, this will need to adapted inline with the New EYFS now which i will do in the holidays, this is then shared with parents when they start at the setting

Thank you for your replies.

Unfortunately we do not have 'holidays' as we are open 51 weeks of the year! I have included a brief outline in the Policies, but wanted to go into a bit more detail in a Handbook.

Yes this is a great idea and will make parents/carers even more aware of why and how you implement learning within a setting. This will hopefully inspire them to work along side us even more, which in turn helps the children learn more effectively both at home and in nursery. It is very important that parents/carers get involved as much as possible and all forms of communication is needed, and it does not get any better than a well produced handbook for parents to read.

We explain this during home visits, and have a paragraph in the front of children's learning journal that mentions it. However the majority of our parents either lack the ability or inclination to read a handbook on something like this. They already have so much paper work to fill in that we try to cut down any other written communications. We prefer to discuss these things during My Unique Story meetings or casual chats with families.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)