Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Writing A Travel Plan

Help!! The council have really messed up our planning application for our new nursery building. It was supposed to be through by 5th April but the guy dealing with it left and it has now been passed on to someone else. Last week we were told that i would be a week to 10 days and yesterday we got a letter asking us for a travel plan, something they should have asked us for during the first 3 weeks of consultation. Has anybody had to write one of these before? I seriously need help, getting so stressed out and panicking that we won't get the builders in in time to open in September, aghhhhh!

Hi firstly don't panic, not sure where you are but have you looked on your local councils website to see if they have any information and guidance on completing a travel plan. Although it is a national strategy each council may require particular content. Nottinghamshire county council have a section with guidance which might be worth a look, type in travel plans in building applications, hope this helps and good luck with the build it sounds very exciting.

we needed to complete a survey with our parents and analyise how we would use this info (not very difficult) but the school officer at the locl council gave us the info we needed so as Fredbear says ring the council and ask the questions ....they are usually really helpful (when you get to the right person!!) :rolleyes:

thank you, I have googled travel plans and found some ideas. I also knocked up a quick survey to ask our parents this week.

Writing this was not on my list of priorities tis week, doing the end of year tax was..... Agh, birthday parties next weekend, then my own daughters 4th birthday and party plus a trip to disneyland paris (which I'm sooo excited about!) gosh I've got a busy few weeks ahead!