Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Electronic Learning Journals

Hi

Just wondering if anyone using electronic lj rather than printing off loads of photos and obs?

Had visit fron network supervisor who viewed some of the different formats i have used when working in nursery and preschool. As a newbie childminder just wondering what format is easiest to use when working from home?

I do but I don't. I just sort photos on my computer using tags - child's name, developmental area and evidence of EYFS compliance. I then use PRAMS from on here to organise my assessments which provides the reports I need to work from. I used to upload my photos into PRAMS but it was just another job and I lost them (there is support available to retrieve them but I'm happy this way).

One useful tip is to rename your photos to what you're trying to show from it. I use a full keypad phone to facilitate this.

Enjoy.

Honey

I've jsut dowloaded an app for my ipad called simple eyfs, it allows you to take photos and then link it to the children in the photo, the ELG & then it store the info, make report and send emails. I'll just stared to use it be it seems good. I emailed the developers, they will be updating it for Sep 2012.

Nicky. X

Cheers everyone, i will research further. Seems to be the way forward. I have used Prams and really liked it. In Durham we are using flying from the start tracking system which uses the emerging, developing, secure format so will see what childminders on my local network are doing.

Ally. X

• 2 months later...

I use Babysdays and they are good, support is brilliant and they are introducing lots of good new things on the system ......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)