Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Had Ofsted Today!

Hi everyone. It's been a wee while since I've posted anything. But I just had to tell everyone that OFSTED turned up at our Pre-school's door on Monday. This is the busiest week of the year to date.... Sods law works again.

The observed Monday and Wednesday. Tuesday we had sports day so they didn't come then.

We were given OUTSTANDING :D:D:D

I'm shocked, amazed and thoroughly delighted. Had to share this news with everyone.

Cheers

Angie

Congratulations Angie you must feel on top of the world well done to you and your staff. Thats the best way to finish for summer!!

Star

Thanks everyone. It was an amazing feeling when she told me. I'm going to have a chill out summer now that the evidence for the new outcomes are now in one place.

Angie

Wow what an achievement !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Many congratulations to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

janice

p.s. - can I just ask when you had your last inspection - the one before this one - not that I'm worried or anything ! :o

Fantastic news, well done!

When your feet hit the floor again can you fill us in on some of the detail, like how it was different from the previous style inspection, what kind of setting you're in, how long since your last inspection etc. It would help to dispel some of the fear and dread we are all feeling!

Well done to you and all your staff.

Just out of interest what are the new ratings, has 'high quality' been repalced by 'outstanding' or is 'outstanding' a further award HQ?

Well done anyway, at least you can relax over the summer now.

Jo x

FANTASTIC!!! and many, many congratulations to you and your colleagues.

I was just reading in todays nursery world 'Out of more than 1,000 reports published, just 16 providers achieved the 'outstanding ' grade.

So one of those is YOU! :D:D:D

WELL DONE!!

Thanks everyone

We had OFSTED visit us in February 2004. This was a based on Standard 3 Care, Learning and play. Last weeks inspection was an Integrated inspection.

We had all of the Information they required it was a matter of getting it all in one place for them.

I've got to say though the inpector was very thorough in her observations. so, you may well have the file ready for them but they also do a thorough job asking questions and observing.

I attended a course run by my LEA just a few weeks ago, discussing the new style inspections. It was very informative and helpful. I was going to put together the file over the summer holidays, however it was done in 2 days by myself and my very supportive deputy. So, it's done now. :D

Angie

I was just reading in todays nursery world 'Out of more than 1,000 reports published, just 16 providers achieved the 'outstanding ' grade.

35061[/snapback]

And of those 16, 14 were childminders! So that makes you extra special!

Many congratulations!

Maz

I am all for the unannounced OFSTED inspections but oh dearie me they need to do their homework!

We have been expecting them anytime for months for new registration, I had a feeling they would come before the end of term and sure enough they arrived today :o BUT they are coming to inspect an extension of our pre-school that operates from another site and is only open two days a week and guess what - one of those days is not Wednesday!!! They of course have full details but yet chose to arrive on a day they know we don't open.

Sorry but I am xD:(:(

Oh Geraldine

This can only fall into the "fact is stranger than fiction" category. Makes you want to shake your head and ask of no-one in particular"what's the world coming to?".

What did they do when you explained (no doubt very patiently but seething inside)?

Maz

Well done Angie - a good way to finish and you didn't have to spend hours and weeks worrying over their impending visit. Did you have your self evaluation form completed and evidence supplied or did they just talk around this - I too would love to know what/how they are going to evaluate our self evaluation. Well done again

Nikki

Hi Nicola

No, we hadn't filled in the self evaluation form before the inspection. I completed it in with my deputy in the evening. Then in another piece of paper we wrote what we could improve upon, we based this on the National standards for sessional care.

Angie

• 2 weeks later...

Further to my recent post Mrs Ofsted called again but we were open this time!! She was actually very nice, said some lovely things :D

Got outstanding for enjoying/achieving and making a contribution and good for everthing else :D She did say she felt there ought to be an 'excellent' category as she would have awarded that instead of good!

I can't quite put my finger on it but this inspection was different, of course it is my first under the new system but over the years I have had many of them but it was somehow more relaxed if that makes sense!

She was very through, left no stone unturned as they say and asked lots of questions.

I did however feel that some of the things she picked up on were almost at 'nit picking' level, almost as though they have to find some little thing however small but nonetheless I am happy and its certainly a great way to end the term.

Edited by Geraldine