Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Revised Eyfs

Hi all! Isn't the weather glorious?!?

So, what does everyone think to the new EYFS?? I'm very new to childminding so having just about got my head around the EYFS they've now gone and changed it! Great! lol!

Am interested on hearing all your thoughts on it and how you're all going to implement the changes.

xxx

Guest Clonmany38

Am I right, has common sense prevailed? Do I no longer have to have written risk assessments for my home?

It does look that way doesn't it Clonmany38!

"the requiremants in relation to risk assessment have been adjusted to clarify that it is for providers to judge whether a risk assessment needs to be recorded in writing"

I guess most of us already have all the necessary risk assessments done. Does it mean that we don't need to update them every year? They can just sit in a folder only to be looked at when a parent wants a quick peek.

Are there going to be any courses to go on in relation to the new EYFS?

Guest Clonmany38

I concerned about the SEN requirement at 1.7 - I'm not sure there is any SEN support left in my area for pre school children. Childminders will have to be more on the ball at identifying delay and addressing it, not easy, especially if new to the role.

I'm two thirds through re typing my summary assessment sheets that go with each child's development file, then I have to review my continuous provision planning sheets and policies and procedures to bring them in line with this review. I know technically I don't need the paperwork but its impossible to explain my policies and procedures consistently to each parent and Ofsted unless they are written down and each parent is given copies.

I think I can say Good Bye to my Easter Holidays

• 2 weeks later...

It does look that way doesn't it Clonmany38!

"the requiremants in relation to risk assessment have been adjusted to clarify that it is for providers to judge whether a risk assessment needs to be recorded in writing"

I guess most of us already have all the necessary risk assessments done. Does it mean that we don't need to update them every year? They can just sit in a folder only to be looked at when a parent wants a quick peek.

Are there going to be any courses to go on in relation to the new EYFS?

Hiya Naomicjordan, could you tell me whereabouts in the document it state this ? cant find it LOL :)

Hi there waveawand, if you look at the statutory new framework, the section under welfare and safeguarding, there is a section on risk assessments. Also it is covered in the overall reforms.

Let us know if you haven't found the documents yet, and one of us can provide another link for you.

Thanks Mundia, have found it now ! I also have the updated development matters from early-education.org.uk. and the blurb on the two year check........ Im in the process of clearing out the old stuff and putting the new stuff in my folder. Are you all just going to re-jig your existing obs forms etc to reflect the same headings ? Thats what I was planning to do although its still sort of covering the same things as previous except with slightly different titles and less aspects...or have I misread it already !! lol?

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)