Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bad News. . . .

Scarlettangel

Sue I am so sorry to hear about your friend.

My neighbour has cancer and is having chemo right now and I feel guilty that I am not going to go through the same things she is going through.

Its kind of how I felt as I read your post.

I am determined to be grateful though and to do my bit and so today I have signed up for my 12th race for life!!!

Oh you must not feel guilty and that was not my intention.....just illustrates the randomness of this heart breaking disease.

You do your thing Scarlett and run your little legs off.....best you have a picture of a squirrel pinned on your tshirt somewhere :D

Raising money for a charity you value is so rewarding. Last year I was the Ladies Captain of the golf club I belong to and the club captain and I raised money for the Sussex Macmillan support centre to be based in Brighton to help support families. We lost 2 of our Ladies last year and 3 of the men and so it was a charity close to our members hearts.....I am delighted to say we raised £7060 over the year thanks to the members generosity.

Good luck with your run x x

Guest MaryEMac

Scarlettangel, I haven't been on the forum for ages so have only just found your post. I was so pleased to hear that the news was good. xx

I imagine its still sinking in. I cant imagine there's just one emotion to cover how you're feeling after such fabulous news, relief, obviously but maybe some retrospective fears of what might have been, anger that you were put through it. When I've had a trauma of any kind I find I need to re-run everything that has been said and done so I can know exactly where I am, it doesnt really help, its merely reminds me of what could have been.

Crying is a great help and so is talking to near strangers, many people on here have helped me got get my head in order, especially recently.

• Like 1

Agree with all that Rea said........

Remember too that it's very likely (well I think so!) that your openess will have helped other forum members who are coping with, or have coped with this awful illness.....

Sending hugs xxx

• Like 1