Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Olympic Flame

I saw it on Saturday in Plymouth. One of my pre-schoolers came in today with a fatastic photo of him and his brother holding it - not sure how they managed that one! All the children were full of it today as all of them had seen it over the weekend.

• Like 1

Coming past my setting at 11.55 tmw, the children are so excited, our sparkly torches are good to go and it looks like the sun is going to shine. Result!

Well we went, we got excited and we saw the torch! The children were amazing and although they had to wait 20 minutes in the sun, not one complained or whinged and now they are all sat on the carpet watching the photos on the computer. I'm just printing of photos for them to take home, all in all one fab day and we're all feeling very patriotic

Well we went, we got excited and we saw the torch! The children were amazing and although they had to wait 20 minutes in the sun, not one complained or whinged and now they are all sat on the carpet watching the photos on the computer. I'm just printing of photos for them to take home, all in all one fab day and we're all feeling very patriotic

Brilliant! :1b

My older daughter will be singing in a choir at Worcester Cricket ground on Thursday night when the flame arrives to stay there overnight so she should get a really good view.

We need to find a bit of a country lane to park up in and watch it go past so our nine year old will get to see it too.

My older daughter will be singing in a choir at Worcester Cricket ground on Thursday night when the flame arrives to stay there overnight so she should get a really good view.

We need to find a bit of a country lane to park up in and watch it go past so our nine year old will get to see it too.

How fantastic! :1b

• Like 1

How fantastic! :1b

Thanks Sunnyday. I'm really proud if a little worried about how she'll cope in a crowd of 10,000. I know she'll be very well looked after and they are incredibly security conscious and organised down to the finest detail. I will make sure she has her Autism alert card just in case.

I hope it's a really good experience and she remembers it all her life.

I've just found out there are no bits of country lane to watch from so we'll be in Alcester nice and early on Sunday morning to grab a good spot.

It came past us today - but too far to take the children. The atmosphere was just great, masses of people, everyone talking to each other, children having fun and of course, lots of cheering and shouting. I am so glad I made the effort to go.

It came past us today - but too far to take the children. The atmosphere was just great, masses of people, everyone talking to each other, children having fun and of course, lots of cheering and shouting. I am so glad I made the effort to go.

Brilliant! :1b