Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sand Hats

We are expecting ofsted in September - should I be buying 'sand hats' for the occasion - it's not something that's arisen before.

Whilst we're kind of on the subject  :o (we alternate sand and water indoors) can I ask what everyone's policy is on children getting wet through water play during this very hot weather. I don't have a problem with it (within reason, and so long as the wettee and wetter are both happy) but my nursery nurse is contradicting me and telling children off and changing them. Surely when it's 30 degrees outside it's no great shakes?!?

35093[/snapback]

We had a water day last week when it was really hot, with sprinklers, polythene slide, sprayers and buckets of water. Everyone including the staff got soaked through to their knickers!!

Tracey - yes, those are the other aspects that I was thinking, but didn't want to clutter my reply to Ellie with, as I felt that ultimately it was important that Ellie's position as Teacher was recognised and respected by her NN. Any decent teacher would probably do as yours have in the past and recognise and value the different skills of the NN. Certainly local schools around here seem to endorse that view!

Ellie, chin up! I'll be thinking of you :D

Sue :D

Thanks everyone for you reassuring words. I now have no qualms about the impending confrontation (though I shall be approaching it positively, rather than spoiling for a fight!) I may well need the holidays to recover!!

• 1 year later...

Just to say... we had our accreditation visit today and I primed all the staff - if she asks about sand hats show her these... we have 4 legionnaire caps in our summer hats box. I purposely had rice in the tray and not sand as the children don't actually wear the hats!!!

Well she did ask! I was honest though and said we provide them but don't make them wear them and she said that was fine and that teh new scheme doesn't require them HURRAH!

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)