Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Boxes For Outdoors

I'm thinking of putting together some boxes or a trolley for outdoors that could just be taken outside to make setting up in the mornings quicker and easier. Obviously I'd put other stuff out during the day but was thinking this might be a way of at least ensuring the basics were there. I have lots of ideas for den boxes/windy day boxes/rainy day boxes etc. from a course I went on but I'm wondering about a more 'basic' CLL and PSRN box/trolley.

What do you think?

What would you include?

i have three carry boxes...one with mark making....one with discovery (reflective surfaces/magnifying glasses etc) and in theory one for psrn although looking at this one today i need to change the resources in it :o because they are in carry boxes they are easy tp transport to whichever area they need the equipment.

We have a 'lets trolley' on wheels with 9 boxes on. We push it out every session then add other items the children request or are weather suitable. We also have an adult only tool type box that contains what I call consumables-dry paper, pens, crayons, chalks, observation sheets,ball of string,roll of ribbon,clothes pegs anything that an adult may want to engage in play or extend, small items for first aid, scissors that rust if left on the trolley

Lets pretend-teaset,baby items,plastic tools designed for role play

Lets imagine-dinosaurs, plastc animal, small cars, aeroplane, plastic minibeasts for small world type play

Lets make a mark-clip boards, white boards, magnet boards. We used to keep crayons etc in it but it didn't work as they got grubby so now they are in a carrying tool box.

Lets make a noise-instruments, metal household objects

Lets investigate-binoculars, magnifying glasses, plastic mirrors, colour paddles, bubble makers

Lets make a large mark-floor chalks, paint brushes

Lets explore numeracy-foam numbers, sand timers (also used for sharing!) dice, magnetic numbers, physical numberline (balls on a washing line) some threading, shape hunt cards

Lets play a game-bats, balls, quoites, playground markers and laminated ideas for ring games

Lets garden-plant pots, tools etc-this used to be Lets tell a story but the books were to heavy for the box to be safe so they are now in a plastic tote bucket

We have additional boxes in the store cupboard including weather ones. Theres a towel hanging on the trolley to wipe wet seats on bikes and a some hoops.

We have the carry totes made of plastic with mark making and discovery with binoculars, magnifying glasses. Will have to look at extending our boxes further. What kind of trolleys are people using. I think it would definately speed up putting eqipment out and putting it away. :o

Thank you for the ideas - you're helping me to feel more positive about doing this. I'm having some time with my head next week to plan these and spend some money on them. It will be good to go with a starting point!

Finleysmaid - what do you mean by a 'carry box'? Is it like a mini toolbox?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)