Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Congratulations London!

SmileyPR

It's great news that we've won the bid- It was very exciting to watch the results being announced and the voting process.

I think it could do wonders for promoting sport and fitness in the UK, which is something we really need to do in this country. What better opportunity eh? Kids as young as 7 now could be competing in events such as gymnastics (my personal fave). I just hope I'll be able to travel down and watch some of it, who knows I could have one or more children by then and I'll be a married woman!

Yes, it's great news. We were listening to the radio news in Nursery. The children were really excited when the staff cheered at the announcement.

Just think though, the seven year olds that could be competing in the gymnastics haven't even been born yet!

I saw the annoucement and... what should I feel? I dont like doing sport, I like watching it even less (except rugby) I honestly dont know what the fuss is about, hubby has tried to explain but it really passes me by. :o

not sure I'm going to like the increased local council taxes to pay for the rest of the country/world to enjoy this fair city I live in......however I was damn chuffed when they announced it......and in my borough they will have the equestrian sports and whatever they put in the dome so no doubt it will be big in my life! (I'll also be 3 years off paying off my mortage. now thats scary!)

I'm with you Rea, apart from the fact that I do not understand rugby at all. :o I do think it is great that Seb Coe and the Olympic bid team have been successful in achieving their goal and the feelgood factor this brings.

I just find it a bit surreal that one day we are talking about a child dying every minute through poverty and the next day figures of £3.5 billion + are being discussed as the possible cost of building an Olympic stadium etc.

Maybe I should get in on the commercial bandwagon....

To all budding 7 yr old trampolinists, TRAMPOLINE FOR HIRE, Available anytime :) (Apart from 5 minutes per day when Granny Peggy does a few jumps then collapses out of breath xD )

Mind you, next weeks sports day at preschool will now be called the "Mini Olympics" as this will inevitably be a new word in all our childrens vocabulary. :D

Peggy

Was at the gym last night (Maidenhead, so close to where the rowing will be taking place, and quite convenient train links to London). One of the ladies there was suggesting renting out our houses to visitors to the Olympics, and taking a month-long holiday to somewhere sunny for the duration.

Mind you it would take me seven years to clean my house sufficiently for visitors!

I think its fantastic that the Olympics will be coming to London. But you can't help wondering what the money being spent could achieve if sensitively deployed in Africa. Its a matter of priorities, I suppose!

Maz