Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Build Grants

xD I'm desperately trying to stay calm and not too excited but just had a meeting with the head of our local school with a view to building a nursery there and she is VERY excited about it, she said I need to go off and find what funding or grants are available.

I know I can apply to the big lottery fund but can anyone tell me of any others they know of please?

They have a governors meeting this friday and I was hoping to be able to get some kind of details before then :o

Also has anyone been through this process and would be able to answer some more questions I have please? how did they go about finding out how much it would cost to build, estimating rent, yearly bills etc etc?

Any help would be very much appreciated :(

Hi how exciting :o we did get a grant for a build but not a whole new building. This was obtained via the Capital Building Grant but not sure if this was stopped with all the cuts!!!!!!!!!!!might be worth contacting your Early Years team through your local council.

Good luck. xD

Hi,

I have just moved onto our new building which was funded by the capital build fund. We are a peschool in the grounds of a school with very good links as run by a committee made up of school govenors.

Do not know if this scheme still runs, but it is worth contacting your local council . If you wanted I can give you my number to contact me as there is loads involved in answer to your questions to much to type!! :o

Hi,

I have just moved onto our new building which was funded by the capital build fund. We are a peschool in the grounds of a school with very good links as run by a committee made up of school govenors.

Do not know if this scheme still runs, but it is worth contacting your local council . If you wanted I can give you my number to contact me as there is loads involved in answer to your questions to much to type!! :o

Hi Emma,

Yes please to the offer of your phone number - or email whichever you prefer? Could you message me with them please?

Thanks everyone :)

I heard to day that my authority may still have money, so if you have one contact yr mm not sure of title now but sustainability worker employed by yr local LEA........of course that if you still have an early years team in yr area!!

sounds great.....however....we were in a similar position a few years back. The chance to move to a school site and work alongside the children's centre (which incidently also never materialised).... We got all excited at the prospect...got lots of quotes which were astronomic...being purpose built new build meant we had to provide a whole array of things we dont have at the present time in our rented community hall. So the initial estimates went through the roof as we could only use certain contractors on the school site.

The we started to apply for the grants, lottery, private business sponsorship, local funds etc. and even children in need.....and every one we applied for we got turned down because we are considered to live in an area of affluence so didnt meet this requirement or that requirement.

Seven years down the line we are still in our rented hall and dreaming of bigger and better things but because we live in area of affluence we cannot afford to buy our own site.....nor it appears will anyone offer us any money. :o

Edited by enuffsenuf

enuffsenuf,

That's really sad to hear that just because u are in a affluant area they cannot support u! What ever happened to every child matters eh!

I am too in an affluante area and wanting to apply for funding thus year for our outdoor area. Fingers crossed but it doesn't sound good!