Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Playgroup Outing

Hi all

We have decided to take our children to the local farm (10 mins down the road) to link with there intrests of animals.

I will be visiting before hand and will complete a full risk assessment.

We have a access to a minibus which belongs to the community centre and they hire it out with a trained and crb checked driver

to local charities and businesses.

We have 8 children and 4 adults 3 of which of CRB checked and 2 first aiders (is this enough?) and all children will be in carseats.

Is there anything I have missed?

Also, does anyone have a permission form for parents they wouldn't mind sharing with me

I am having a typical friday evening mind blank- been at uni all day doing my epys!

Thanks

Edited by klc106

If you search on the internet there is also a helpful website about educational farm visits. They have some downloads about safety on visits and can back up your own risk assessment i this specific case. When we did the trip we were advised to inform parents afterwards that we had carried out all possible precautions regarding hygiene but that if their child displayed certain gastro-intestinal symptoms within so many days of the visit they must mention to the doctor that they had been on a farm trip. Think the site I'm thinking of is http://www.farmsforschools.org.uk/

When we did our visit a number of staff hadn't been to that particular farm so on my risk assessment visit I took photos of specific things I wanted to talk to them about prior to the visit. That made it easier to explain to them. We also took along a mobile which the parents had the number of (in case they need to get in touch with us) and a list of their mobile and other numbers in case of emergency. We had closed for the day though so you might not need so much info with you if you have staff back at the setting who could be contacted while you were out.

Oh one more thing - find out which staff can't/won't touch the animals before you get there! Saves panicking the perfectly-happy-until-they-hear-an-adult-shriek children!

permission slips just stating date of trip,where, assurance of risk assessment having been done , make sure you display copy of RA for parents to view, first aid kit, mobile phone,register and spare clothing etc, anti bac hand gel !!!

you should have acopy of insurance,mot and drivers licence for your records too even though it is community bus.

Have fun

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)