Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Whole School International Week-south America

It's coming up the last week of half term and this year its South America although they have also included Mexico. Reception are doing Peru and linking to Paddington bear. I'm stuck for ideas but drawn to Mexico just because I can see snack opportunities but there I've drawn a blank .

Help!! Ideas please...

I'm stuck for ideas but drawn to Mexico just because I can see snack opportunities but there I've drawn a blank .

Help!! Ideas please...

Haven't got anything off the top of my head but will ponder for you. Just wanted to say I'm glad it's not just me that sees topics in terms of snack opportunities :o

The first things that comes to mind when thinking about Mexico are the wonderful broad rimmed hats which are part of traditional costume, so perhaps you could get hold of some of those and decorate them. Then there is music and dancing. Chocolate was developed by the Aztecs so there’s an excuse for you to do something with chocolate. :o The emblem of Mexico is a Golden Eagle so perhaps looking at wild-life is something else you could do.

I don’t know how helpful you may find this

http://homeschoolcreations.blogspot.com/20...udy-lesson.html

Thank you. I think I'm going with Brazil/carnival as the craft is stronger. I'm planning a 2 day mask making session with paint and feathers and sequins .There's carnival on lets celebrate on ceebies although its uk not brazil. Listen to steel drum music and find metal to make a noise Friday is home partnership day (tomorrow is spotty day!) so thinking everyone can bring a pan and wooden spoon or whistle and put our masks on and carnival around the outside. Still brewing but feel better now its flowing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)