Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Remote Contolled Toys

Hello,

I need some advice on remote controlled toys. I wondered if anyone has found remote contolled toys that take rechargable batteries. We have several but all advise normal batteries which run out in the space of a mornings session. This becomes an expensive activity which they all love. I need to find a way of offering it on a regular basis and not only when we have enough cash for 'buckets of batteries'. We are looking to buy some more toys but want to buy carefully.

Does anyone else have the same problem and if so how do they get around it :o .

Thank you in advance

Aslett

Hi Aslett,

I have to say I'm not a great one for reading instructions. :o I always use rechargeable batteries and don't have a problem. Does it say why you shouldn't or is it just a recommendation? :)

Rechargeable batteries are normally better for the kind of 'quick drain' usage you get with digital cameras, rather than the slow steady drain of a motor toy.

(Incidentally, if you use a digital camera with ordinary batteries and are horrified by how quickly they get used up, buy one of those nickel metal hydride (NimH) battery packs you get with a charger plug (you can usually get them with four batteries for around £10) - it'll change your life!)

But it shouldn't do any harm to the machines to put NiMH batteries into your other toys - they may not last as long, but should have the power to drive them - and you can re-charge the batteries hundreds of times! :)

Rechargeable batteries are normally better for the kind of 'quick drain' usage you get with digital cameras, rather than the slow steady drain of a motor toy.

(Incidentally, if you use a digital camera with ordinary batteries and are horrified by how quickly they get used up, buy one of those nickel metal hydride (NimH) battery packs you get with a charger plug (you can usually get them with four batteries for around £10) - it'll change your life!)

But it shouldn't do any harm to the machines to put NiMH batteries into your other toys - they may not last as long, but should have the power to drive them - and you can re-charge the batteries hundreds of times!  :)

34364[/snapback]

Thank you Steve you sound like you have a technical mind. I will try that, you have probably saved me lots of money.

I agree with you Steve about using those batteries for your digi cam, I use them all the time- I have one set on charge or charged and another being used in the camera, they are great!!!

My dad always put rechargable batteries in my toys as a kid, as he had them when not many people did! I never had any problems with them so I don't see why most toys today coudln't cope with them.

I agree with Steve and Nichola about the rechargable batteries for the digital camera. I use my 'ordinary' ones as back-up for the rechargable ones. The charge seems to last for ages.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)